|at ( view profile)|
|Location||West Malling, Kent, England|
|Date Posted||July 10, 2017|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
Two Part Time Chefs required for independent Cafe
Part time chefs (x2) £8.25 an hour
Hours: 20 -25 hours a week/ 3-4 days a week
Annual leave: Pro-rata
This is an exciting opportunity for two chefs to job share in an independent Cafe in the heart of West Malling. The cafe is a small independent, coffee shop serving fresh breakfasts,lunches and afternoon tea. This is essentially a ‘blank slate’ kitchen where the chefs can be creative and work with the owner to create exciting menus. I would like applicants who can want to be involved in the cafe’s success and future development.
We need chefs with enough experience to be able to manage the kitchen themselves. The cafe will serve fresh breakfast/brunch and lunch so the chef will be required to manage about 30 covers. The chefs will also be required to cook pastries (ready made) and make lunches for the front of house as well as to order.
There is scope for expansion in the future and it would be ideal if the applicant has a knowledge of indian cuisine and use of spices.
As a manager of the kitchen you will be required to be:
- Be creative and innovative when designing menus
- Have good food and retail presentation skills
- Ensure you have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
- Keep up standards of hygiene and ensure all areas are clean and tidy.– Ensure that waste of all food items during food preparation is kept to a minimum.
- Have good financial understanding and work with the owner to order in fresh produce and manage the accounts with suppliers