|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Lymington, Hampshire, England|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2018|
|Category|| Senior Sous |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ferryman in Lymington is a true country inn with a fine dining restaurant and a well-stocked homely bar.
Tucked away in the little village of Walhampton, just a stones throw from Lymington, with the beautiful countryside of the New Forest on our doorstep, we use the freshest ingredients possible, straight from field to fork. Our close proximity to the coast also grants us access to the finest British seafood. The menu includes inspired, relaxed versions of British classics that reflect the flavours and ingredients of each season. We want someone to join our family and come on our journey of food.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? THEN READ ON...
Ideal candidates will be mad about food and have bags of drive and energy.
If this sounds like you keep reading!
We are looking for a Sous Chef who:
• Is reliable, conscientious and punctual
• Has experience in busy kitchens at 1 Rosette level
• Gets excited about using fresh, seasonal and local produce
• Takes pride in what they do and genuinely cares
• Has a passion and flair for cooking and can contribute to menu ideas
• Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it.
• Is proactive and always busy at work
• Able to motivate and train junior members of the team
• Works well under pressure
• Is able to support the Head Chef and look after the kitchen properly in their absence
• Is able to communicate daily to the relevant departments
• Is able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets
• Has a good working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
• Level 2 certification in food hygiene
• Live in option available
We are looking for an existing sous chef but would consider a strong Chef de Partie looking to make the next step in their career. Ultimately by the end of 2018 we would like to be in a culinary position where you're promoted to the role of head chef.
A salary of up to £25k per annum (dependent on experience) plus tips is offered as well as further opportunities for training, development and career progression.