|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Talacre, Flintshire/Sir Fflint, Wales|
|Date Posted||September 20, 2018|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Efficient, quick food service that is consistent and to a high standard.
- Ensure accurate stock rotation and inventory control.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all areas within the kitchen.
- Check all published menus and specials boards to ensure correct selling prices.
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations at all times.
A Sous Chef position is now available at within the team at Talacre Beach Holiday Home Park. This is an excellent opportunity to become a part of our experienced team, based on the North Wales coast.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Chef to join the team. You will have previous experience within a similar environment and have great communication skills alongside a keen eye for detail.
You will work alongside the Head Chef, taking charge of the kitchen and the team. Day to day responsibilities will include checking and maintaining the quality of food served to guests, ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen and all work areas are kept to a high standard and checking stock and inventories and replenishing as required as well as motivating the team and completing training with them where necessary.
This is a full time, permanent position to work variable hours. This will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
The Sous Chef position is ideal for a CDP looking for their next challenge, or an existing Sous looking for new positions within a commutable distance of Chester and Prestatyn.
What experience you will need
- You will have similar previous experience.
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and a level 3 food safety certificate is desirable but not essential.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable easy access to the park.
- Communication skills to a good level.
- Positive attitude to work with willingness to learn new skills.
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, health & safety and manual handling among others.
- Uniform provided.
- Good salary.
- Discount in various company restaurants and facilities.