|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Oxford, Oxfordshire, England|
|Date Posted||September 13, 2017|
|Category|| Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
An exciting Rosette awarded Hotel with busy Restaurant and Banqueting division, offering simple, clean classic dishes with an injection of modern creativity.
Seeking an old school Sous Chef to manage and nurture the brigade, organise and control the output most of all work with the Head Chef to create some interesting quality, profitable menus.
Lots of promotion options here, its just a case of proving yourself capable and this is your ideal opportunity to do so.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with the Head Chef?s directions.
• Help develop junior members of staff by leading by example in all aspects of running service and the kitchen
• Minimise wastage through proper stock control and menu development
• Develop a working knowledge of the menu and specials, keeping abreast of daily changes made
• Ensure that you manage your section to a high standard
• Develop an understanding of how all EHO documentation is correctly collated and recorded, and that all EHO documentation is correctly recorded and collated
• Check all incoming deliveries to verify correct items are delivered.
Skills and experience:
• Proven experience working in a busy kitchen with a quality gastro pub food offering.
• A strong team ethic - able to develop, inspire and motivate a large brigade of chefs.
• Strong menu writing ability, sourcing suppliers and negotiating prices.
• Able to embrace & drive change as dictated by customer & business needs.
• Demonstrate high standards of professionalism & passion.
• Strong time management - work effectively within given time frame to finish tasks set
Contact Nick Mascellani at Jubilee Talent to discuss the role in detail and arrange immediate interviews
Jubilee Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this Permanent vacancy