|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Yarm, Yorkshire, England|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2019|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are currently recruiting for a Sous Chef to join the kitchen brigade at Crathorne Hall Hotel.
Crathorne Hall Hotel, part of the Hand Picked portfolio, is a stunning 4* Country House Hotel near Yarm in North Yorkshire. We pride ourselves on being one of the top 200 Hotels in the Country with our beautiful Leven Restaurant overlooking the Leven Valley.
As Sous Chef you will assist our Head Chef in setting and demonstrating high standards within our Hotel. You will be fully involved in all aspects of the kitchen operation and will be expected to deputise for the Head Chef in their absence.
As part of the role you will be required to manage the kitchen brigade, motivate the team and share your knowledge and training to develop chefs within the team. Our menus allow you to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products.
Competencies of a Sous Chef:
- You must be passionate about delivering outstanding hospitality to our guests whilst demonstrating good food knowledge.
- The ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner is essential.
- The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in all aspects of kitchen management such as ordering, stock control, food costs and Health and Safety regulations.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is essential.
- In return you will be rewarded with a fun and engaging environment.
This is a full-time position to work 45 hours over 5 days per week.
Hand Picked Hotels is a collection of country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, our guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge!
Our core values are family, initiative, welcoming, individuality, and local engagement - you make it Hand Picked.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.