|Location||Skipton, Yorkshire, England|
|Date Posted||February 26, 2015|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are looking for a Sous Chef for a 1AA Rosette Rural Venue located in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
To assist the Head Chef in the daily running of the kitchen, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
To ensure that your designated section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the hotel.
To deputise for the Head Chef in his absence.
- To ensure strict hygiene controls are kept in all areas.
- To ensure that food is prepared and presented to the highest standards as required by the hotel and to assist the Head Chef in supervising this for the whole kitchen.
- To input into the menus and to work with the kitchen team in developing new ideas and progress continual improvements.
- To manage the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- To assist in managing the rotation of stocks and correct storage procedure ensuring the appropriate stock level, and managing any irregularities in stock control.
- To liaise closely with all sections of the kitchen to ensure efficient service and maintain high levels of communication with colleagues and other staff.
- To assist in supervising and checking every dish sent from the section to ensure standards are maintained.
- To ensure GP's and payroll is closely managed.
- To be involved in staff training and development.
This list of duties is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required within reason for the better fulfilment of the role and the needs of the business.
- To complete all Health & Safety and Job Skills training as required.
- To work in accordance with company Health & Safety guidelines especially in relation to Hazard and Accident
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
- To provide a healthy and comfortable working environment, smoking is prohibited throughout the Hotel.
- To undertake any training/coaching required by the Company to enable you to perform your duties effectively.
- You will maintain high standards of appearance and personal hygiene and always be suitably dressed in clean uniform. This includes adequate non-slip shoes.
- Must display a passion for food.
- Must have worked in a similar establishment for at least 2 years.
- Must have experience of managing 1 or more junior chefs.
- Must be willing to work varied shifts.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Reasonably fit as the role involves long periods on your feet.
Please apply with your up to date CV.