|Location||Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2015|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Sous Chef Job - Best Western Lion Hotel - Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- Running of the kitchen on a day to day basis alongside the Head Chef.
- Lead and inspire the brigade to ensure the kitchen runs smoothly at all times. Help develop the junior chefs.
- Ensure consistency of produce throughout the kitchen.
- Supervise service ensuring presentation of food is compliant with restaurant standards.
- Assist the Head Chef in menu compilation and possess an in depth knowledge of the full menu. Support the management team to ensure targets are met with labour and food costs.
- Compliance with food labelling and temperature controls.
The ideal candidate will
- Have previous experience working in a similar role.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team whilst undertaking a leadership role.
- Identify ways to improve profitability.
- Be able to demonstrate an up to date and in depth understanding of the industry.
- Continually strive to achieve personal goals and objectives.
- Lead by example and offer clear direction to team.
- Be uncompromising in achieving company standards.
- Communicate relevant business information regularly, efficiently and concisely to their team.
- Builds effective and constructive relationships