|Location||Heathrow, Greater London, England|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2016|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Just in - Sous Chef Job - London Heathrow Airport - £40-50k per annum
Juice Hospitality supporting business at London Heathrow Airport are seeking applications to fill the position of Sous Chef at one of the busiest venues within the airport terminal.
This is an excellent position for someone wishing to progress his/her career within high standard destination gastro environments. The venue has made a name for exceptional fresh gastro style food using the freshest products.
As Sous Chef you will support the Head Chef in all of his duties as well as deputise whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism in his absence. You will be involved in all development and creative work with regards to the menu and implementing new dishes.
- To deputise in the Head Chef's absence.
- To ensure that all staff are familiar with the day's requirements.
- To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
- To ensure that fair discipline is maintained.
- To ensure that all staff are treated fairly and with commonly accepted courtesy.
- To ensure that timetables, leave rosters and attendance registers are up-to-date.
- To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to.
- To ensure that all maintenance problems are timeously reported and followed up.
- To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
- To ensure that each cook receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables.
- To ensure all pre-service checks are carried out at the appropriate time.
- To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- To ensure that the dining room/ restaurant personnel are "standing by" when delicate dishes are served.
- To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that subordinate staff perform their duties correctly.
- To attend seminars and training courses as and when directed.
- To further your own knowledge of management methods and principles to ensure future advancement and further upgrading in management standards for the profession as a whole.
- To ensure all correct supplier certification documents are obtained and kept up to date.
- To ensure a good level of staff morale and motivation is maintained and supported.
- To ensure the Heathrow Airport Limited Induction is carried out within the stipulated time.
To apply or find out more about the role then please submit a copy of your CV below.