|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Weymouth, Dorset, England|
|Date Posted||November 28, 2014|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Salary: £8.50 per hour + benefits
Hours: Full Time (40 hours a week)
As an employee of this leading care provider you will have an important role to play, with particular responsibilities and duties; but over and above that you will be self-motivated to do your bit as part of a great team of dedicated people who have chosen to work with us and in this sector because they love what they do and the difference they can and do make.
- To assist the head chef to manage effectively and efficiently all Catering services in the Home, delivering consistently high quality menus in accordance with the Company's brand proposition, resident needs & preferences and annual budget.
- To assist maintain excellent health & safety standards in the kitchen.
- To support the maintenance of a positive reputation for the Home in the local community.
- To help build and maintain a well-motivated and engaged workforce.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- The Catering service for residents and all other visitors consistently meets Company standards in terms of nutrition, quality, cost and resident choice.
- The Catering provision operates in accordance with budget and the Home's objectives to deliver high quality personalised care.
- Kitchen staff retention is good (t/o < 10%); core skills staff training is maintained and skills development is evident.
KEY DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Ensure that catering services are delivered in accordance with the Company brand proposition, taking into account the needs and preferences of each individual.
- Ensure the courteous and effective delivery of all Catering services throughout the Home.
- Continually assess the nutritional requirements of residents and promptly investigate and resolve complaints or requests for improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, regulations and Statutory provisions in the effective management of the Home.
- Assist to develop, promote and maintain defined standards of catering services, liaising with the Head chef continuously to improve the quality and cost effectiveness of the food provision.
- Help to determine production schedules and staffing requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of food.
- Assist to supervise and coordinate activities of Kitchen Assistants engaged in food preparation.
- Help promote health and safety in the kitchen, ensuring a safe environment for residents, employees and visitors, complying will Company health and safety policy.
- Help investigate all accidents and incidents, taking any appropriate action and ensuring reporting and recording.
- Ensure that all documentation relating to Catering services is stored correctly and accessed only in accordance with Company policy.
- Support the maintenance of positive working relationships with residents? families and all other local community stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Home is well promoted in the local community. Ensure that any positive events concerning the Home are advertised to increase public awareness.
- Contribute to the development of, and ensure that Catering services are delivered in accordance with, annual budget.
- Arrange for kitchen equipment purchases and repairs in accordance with approval procedures.
- Assist placing orders in accordance with budget and operating requirements.
- Comply fully with Company policy with regard to revenue and capital expenditure approvals
Leadership and people
- Comply with kitchen staff duty rotas to ensure consistent service, delivery of the brand proposition and adherence to budget in accordance with Company policy.
- Promote leadership and mentoring to kitchen staff to maintain excellent standards of performance, to ensure awareness and implementation of best practice and to support individual team staff members? continuing professional development.
- Help plan, organize and undertake as appropriate monthly supervisions and annual performance management assessments for all kitchen staff.
- Help to ensure staff induction, training, supervision and appraisal is conducted in accordance with relevant policies.
- Help to ensure that mandatory staff training is undertaken, that certification is kept current and that agreed staff development plans are implemented.
- Support monitoring of staff absence and intervene as required to assure satisfactory levels of attendance. Ensure annual leave requests are authorized and recorded correctly and fully.
- Ensure that kitchen staff are well presented at all times in accordance with the uniform policy.
To be considered for this vacancy please click Apply Now and forward a copy of your CV.
2M Employment Solutions is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.