|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South London, Greater London, England|
|Date Posted||September 26, 2019|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job ref: MJA/ICHCMTO0450
Sous Chef | up to 30K | South London Indian cuisine restaurant
A soon-to-be-opened restaurant in South London is currently scouting for a Sous Chef to start with immediate effect to support the owners in the set up and menu design. The cuisine style will be a combination of modern and traditional Indian cuisine, with a fun and trendy sharing plate concept. All menu items will be prepared from scratch and served in a casual, no-fuss style.
The role will require a lot of creativity and complete control over the menu, therefore previous experience in menu writing, GP costings and estimating labour cost is essential to be considered for this role. A strong understanding of cuisine from all regions of India is also necessary, and it would be advantageous if any Sous Chef interested already has recipe specs from previous experience.
Hospitality and Catering industry experience working in an Indian cuisine restaurant or hotel is also necessary. The restaurant will seat 100 covers and include private dining and take-away services. This hotly-anticipated restaurant is expected to be very busy, so experience in high-volume, quality cuisine is a must.
Responsibilities will also include assisting with recruitment and training of the brigade, costing and budget control, maintaining exceptionally high hygiene levels, leadership and staff retention and pre-opening set-up responsibilities.
Modern Indian restaurant Sous Chef:
- Salary of up to £30,000 a year
- Salary may increase with the success of the business after opening
- South London location
- 100 cover capacity restaurant
- Private dining and take-away services
- Casual, sharing plate concept
What we need from you:
- Previous experience at Sous Chef level
- Hospitality and Catering industry experience in Indian cuisine
- Previous experience at Head Chef level
- Passport or ID and visa where applicable
- Proof of address ie bank statement or utility bill from the last 3 months
- Food Hygiene Certificate L3 in line with Hospitality and Catering industry standards
- National Insurance Number
- 2 years of written references or reference contact details supplied
The Change Group is acting as an employment agency in this instance. Due to the volume of applicants expected, we regret that only successful candidates will be contacted to arrange a registration interview. For a full listing of our opportunities, please visit our website at www.thechangegroup.com.