|Location||Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2019|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We have an amazing opportunity for a passionate and confident individual to join our team as our Sous Chef.
Hotel Felix is a 4 star Classic Contemporary hotel with 52 bedrooms, four private rooms for conference and events and a two AA Rosette awarded restaurant, Graffiti, serving modern food with a Mediterranean twist.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and dedicated individual to join our highly professional kitchen brigade as a Sous Chef. Our successful candidate must come from a strong fresh food led environment and be used to cooking to a consistently high standard in a quality fast paced venue. As a Sous Chef, you will work alongside our Head Chef and will be responsible for running the very busy kitchen in their absence. You will be involved in menu planning and managing our brigade of chefs. You will continually seek to develop and train the more junior chefs in the team to the highest level.
The successful candidate;
• Must have solid previous Sous Chef experience gained within similar quality hotels/restaurants.
• Ability to demonstrate kitchen and culinary skills to a high level, ideally having knowledge of French kitchen terms
• Able to manage high volumes
• Confident, professional, positive and welcoming personality
• Self-motivated and driven Sous Chef
• Good understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations
• Ability to calmly deal with and take ownership of minor problems arising during the course of the service period.
• Free car parking
• Share of monthly gratuities
• Free Meals on Duty
• Discount in Restaurants and on Accommodation at both Hotel Felix and sister Hotel The Grange in York
If you believe you have the skills and experience to fill this role then please apply now by sending us your CV and a covering letter. Kindly include details of your salary expectation.
Please note live in accommodation can be offered.
Due to the high volume of applicants, please note that we will only be in contact with you if your application is successful.
ONLY CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK MAY APPLY