|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Axminster, Devon, England|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service
- Stock ordering and stock rotation
- Cleanliness of all work areas
- Ensure published menus and specials boards have correct selling prices
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations
Sous Chef required at Hawkchurch Resort & Spa. This is a fantastic opportunity for a key role to join our friendly team at our developed park.
The successful candidate will work alongside the head chef and be responsible for all aspects of kitchen preparation and procedure, portion control and waste management, and will be a proactive chef who will perform consistently in line with the company’s high standards.
The ideal candidate will be a proven Sous Chef, or someone with experience looking for the next step in their career, looking for a new challenge and will be looking to actively help lead and motivate a busy but dedicated kitchen team.
This is a permanent, full time position to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays as needed.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for chef jobs within a commutable distance of Axminster
What experience you will need
- You will have similar previous experience
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety is desirable
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities