|at ( view profile)|
|Location||St Anne, Alderney, Alderney, Channel Islands|
|Date Posted||October 10, 2019|
|Category|| Sous Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, self-motivated and talented chefs who are passionate about using local and seasonal food, to assist the Head Chef and GM to launch a stunning Boutique Hotel and restaurant and taking it forward to a successful future on the beautiful Channel island of Alderney.
We are looking for a chef who can be creative on a daily basis using fresh, seasonal produce to create healthy, high-quality food with exceptional flavours, textures and dishes from across the globe in our brand new kitchen.
The heart of the project is the hotel restaurant, which will offer healthy, fresh, seasonal menus featuring ingredients from our own kitchen garden as well as local suppliers including fresh fish and seafood from the fisherman, and meats reared on the island and from our own butchers.
The Ideal Candidate:
As Chef, it is essential you can demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
• Previous experience as a Chef - 2/3 rosette level desirable but not essential
• An ability to produce innovative, delicious dishes using fresh local ingredients.
• Full understanding of stock management in a safe kitchen environment and an understanding of working on an island and its limitations would be a bonus!
• Must possess the proven ability to work as part of a small team as staff harmony is key to our ethos
• Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and cooperate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
What we offer you:
A calm working environment with plenty of humour
Investment in training
Meals on duty
Live-in available if required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year