|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Battersea, London, Greater London, England|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2019|
|Category|| Senior Sous |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
SENIOR SOUS CHEF ROLE – BATTERSEA SW11
We are looking for a Senior Sous Chef to join our small friendly boutique catering company. We have an 80/20 split of corporate/private clients and have a weekday daily contract feeding 100 people, plus between 2 and 4 other office lunches daily. We also provide event catering for our daily client, canapes, funerals, small weddings and everything in between. We pride ourselves on delicious innovative food, all cooked from scratch and are looking for someone with a strong personality who will fit in with our existing team (full time owner/Operations Manager, part-time Sous Chef, KP).
The successful candidate will:
- ensure all deadlines are met and lunches leave the kitchen on time
- have experience of high volume catering – we feed at least 1000 people a week
- develop innovative, creative and delicious menus for a range of clients to varying budgets
- have an excellent knowledge of global food and be able to create themed menus
- be confident with catering for a wide range of dietary requirements and intolerances
- be extremely confident regarding identifying and labelling allergens, cross contamination, food hygiene, HACCP temperature recording, portion control, stock control and minimising waste
- motivate team to keep productivity high and manage labour costs
- be very experienced with canape preparation
- manage the KP efficiently
- have a full clean driving licence and happy to drive to jobs where a chef needs to be present.
- be well presented, fluent in English and confident liaising with clients both on the phone and in person
- be adept at planning workloads and confident with daily ordering of all stock – 90% cooking/10% office based
- have at least 4 years’ cheffing experience
Hours are generally 7 am to 4 pm or 8 am to 5 pm (flexibility required) Monday to Friday with approximately 1 Saturday or Sunday every 4 weeks plus a couple of evenings per month. Salary approx. £32,000 plus paid event overtime, discretionary performance related bonus, 31 days holiday (inc BHs) and contributory pension.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £32,000.00 /year