|at ( view profile)|
|Location||St Brelade’s Bay, Jersey, Channel Islands|
|Date Posted||June 4, 2019|
|Category|| Senior Sous |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Senior Sous Chef to support Executive Head Chef as his second in Kitchen operation at L' Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa in Jersey.
Hand Picked Hotels is a collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom with resorts in the Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, our guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge! L’ Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, has one of the most stunning vistas on Jersey. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful terrace and the view over golden sand and crystal clear waters of St Brelade’s Bay. The hotel has 106 luxury bedrooms, majority of which are ocean facing with balconies. L’ Horizon hosts a 2AA Rosette restaurant, Atlantic Lounge and recently refurbished Terrace for food enthusiasts. Another highlight of the 4 red star beach hotel are our leisure facilities with an award winning spa which includes 6 treatment rooms, relaxation area, indoor pool, sun terrace and gym.
Scope and Purpose of Role:
Delivery of menus in line with company brand standards and AA rosette level held by the hotel. Assisting the Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen ensuring statutory obligations are met and kitchen profit achieved. Maintaining an efficient kitchen operation in the absence of the Head Chef, including the general function and other duties such as HACCP
- Create, plan and implement menus in conjunction with the Head Chef taking into account pricing to achieve kitchen profit, seasonality, local and fresh produce and special diets.
- Prepare and cook all dishes on the menus to standards set by the company and the Head Chef. Oversee service in the absence of the Head Chef. Assist with preparation and cooking of employee meals as required. Cover pastry and breakfast duties as required.
- Maintain stock levels of food and consumables and place orders in line with budget and business needs. Ensure all deliveries meet order requirements and quality in line with purchasing specifications. Maintain secure stock storage. Minimise expenses by careful control of food stock, gas, electricity and water. Control and record transfers to other departments.
- Monitor cooking, chilling, labelling, storage and rotation of food, keeping required records and taking appropriate action where necessary to ensure compliance with HACCP procedures and food hygiene regulations.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene practices in line with legal and company requirements, including refuse areas, wash-up areas and all food storage areas. Keep the kitchen equipment clean and in good working order. Address hazards and follow up maintenance requirements. Recruit and plan the kitchen porter labour resource. Undertake rota preparation, forecasting and timesheet control in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Develop team members through training and coaching that meets the needs of the business and individual needs. Deliver the departmental induction to new kitchen employees. Appraise team members designated by the Head Chef annually followed by six month review. Maintain up to date knowledge of food industry trends. Lead own development needs. Maintain regular communication by attending team briefings and meetings and relevant site meetings.We offer:
- Competitive salary and chef's bonus scheme
- Use of Leisure Club facilities
- Excellent training and career opportunities
- Staff meals
- Discounted staff Hotel rates
- Unique workplace (hotel situated at the beach)
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. 5 years residency in Jersey is NOT required.
- The position is permanent, full-time, 42.5 hours per week.