|at ( view profile)|
|Location||St Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2019|
|Category|| Senior Sous |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are recruiting for a Senior Sous Chef to take responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high standards of cuisine within our 2 rosette restaurant, private dining and weddings, creating fantastic memories for our guests.
Our hotel located just one mile from St Peter Port, St Pierre Park is one of the best equipped hotels in Guernsey for a romantic wedding or a business event – or simply for when you have earned a special break. The hotel also offers a variety of dining options, top spa treatments and one of only three golf courses on the island. The hotel is the ideal base for exploring the wonderful island of Guernsey.
We offer amazing benefits to our team members:
- Very good location with Waitrose walking distance - You can also travel around the whole island by bus for only £1,00!
- Great Staff accommodation conditions
- Delicious staff food on duty
- discounts around some island shops
- great value health insurance
- 50% discount on Ferry trips to London, France, Jersey/Channel Islands.
- Service charge that can give you around£50 extra on top of your salary.
- We also run our Employee recognition lunch every month where you can earn extra £75,00.
Guernsey is definitely a beautiful island to live.
You will support in ensuring the kitchen team are inspired to achieve targets and assist in managing departmental manpower and operating costs in line with budgets.
Supporting to deliver activities that continuously develop the skills and capabilities of your team, you will be committed to ensuring that every team member feels valued and engaged.
This hands-on role provides the opportunity to develop your supervisory skills in your interactions with team members.
Competencies of a Senior Sous Chef:
- You must be passionate about delivering outstanding hospitality to our guests whilst demonstrating good food knowledge.
- The ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is essential.
- In return you will be rewarded with a fun and engaging environment.
Hand Picked Hotels is a collection of country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, our guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge!
Our core values are family, initiative, welcoming, individuality, and local engagement - you make it Hand Picked.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and Channel Islands.