|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Aviemore, Morayshire, Scotland|
|Date Posted||February 26, 2018|
|Category|| Breakfast Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Senior Breakfast Chef
Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel
What makes Hilton Coylumbridge different?
Hilton Coylumbridge is unique within the Hilton UK brand. Based in the stunning scenery of the Cairngorm National Park. Hilton Coylumbridge is surrounded by beautiful wildlife and countryside and is a gateway to many outdoor activities and pursuits. Whether it's skiing in the winter or mountain biking, kayaking, hill walking, wind surfing in the summer Coylumbridge has it all to offer.
Team members at the hotel have the option of low cost live-in accommodation, the accommodation is situated beside the hotel and all rooms are en-suite. As part of being a team member at Hilton Coylumbridge you will also receive free access to the hotel gym and swimming pool, free meals within the staff canteen, use of the shuttle bus into the local town, Aviemore and are welcome in our onsite Woodshed bar while off duty to enjoy live sport and entertainment.
Team members can use the hotel's ski passes on Cairngorm Mountain for a nominal amount, as well as access to discounts for other local attractions.
Hilton Coylumbridge is situated 33 miles from the city of Inverness which offers trains, buses and an airport with links to the major airports in the UK and also some flights to European airports.
Finally, as a team member of Hilton Coylumbridge you will be rewarded with favourable rates in Hilton hotels around the world using our team member travel program 'Go Hilton'. Giving you the chance to travel the world at discounted rates.
What will I be doing?
As a Breakfast Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring that breakfast and the buffet are prepared and presented to a high quality to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Breakfast Chef will also be required to assist with food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure breakfast, the buffet, and/or any other meal periods are prepared and presented to a high quality and within company guidelines
- Supervise staff if required
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all miss-en-place for breakfast buffet and/or any other meal periods
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Breakfast Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- NVQ Level 2
- Achieved Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Intermediate food hygiene