|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Nantwich, Cheshire, England|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2018|
|Category|| Pub Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy working with fresh food. We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to recruit to our kitchen brigade at the Vine Inn.
We are looking to enhance our strong teams, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence is a habit’
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Flexible hours.
- Possibility of full-time hours as business grows.
- Working in a small friendly team.
The Vine is located in the town of Nantwich, and is a mid 17th century traditional inn and has tons of character. It is famous for its cask ales and drinks as well as the homemade food offering. There is a small outside patio area as well.
We are looking for someone on a full time basis, including evenings and weekends. You will be required to oversee the day to day activities of the kitchen. You will be knowledgeable about all the dishes on our menu and how to support the site to turn out mouth- watering dishes with ease. You will produce all starters, mains and desserts. You will also be require to oversee stock, ordering and audits.
With relevant experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service, making fresh food dishes from scratch
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help out to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to cope with a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to assist with menu development, including daily specials
- Ability to prepare cook and present all dishes
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation