|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Gatley, Greater Manchester, England|
|Date Posted||February 25, 2019|
|Category|| Pub Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy working with fresh food. We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to recruit to our kitchen brigade at the Horse and Farrier
We are looking to enhance our strong teams, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence is a habit’
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
Part of this training will also include undertaking a qualification, through our training provider lifetime. This in turn will assist you with any career progression plans within our estate
Career Progression Plans within our estate
You will receive an hourly rate of £8.20 - £9.50 per hour
5.6 weeks holiday and a pension plan
50% discount card for food at several of our sites, upon completion of Hydes mandatory online training
This attractive coaching inn has recently been refurbished inside and out. It boasts a small and homemade food offering, as well as exceptional cask beer, world lagers and fine wines. The site is located in the heart of Gatley, and is extremely popular with the locals. A small menu of traditional food for the lunchtime trade is also something that boosts this site
Whether you work full time or part time, our customers are in your hands. You will be required to oversee the day to day activities of the kitchen. You will be knowledgeable about all the dishes on our menu and how to support the site to turn out mouth- watering dishes with ease. You will produce all starters, mains and desserts as well as acting as a coach and mentor to any junior staff members. You will also be require to oversee stock, ordering and audits.
With relevant experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help out to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to cope with a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong decision making skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to assist with menu development
- Ability to prepare cook and present all dishes
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation