|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Leek, Staffordshire, England|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2018|
|Category|| Pub Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Red Lion
Salary: £8.20 - £9.00 Per Hour
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards? We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to recruit to our kitchen brigade at the Red Lion in Leek, to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence as a habit’
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
Part of this training will also include undertaking an NVQ, through our training provider lifetime. This in turn will assist you with any career progression plans within our estate
Career Progression Plans within our estate
You will receive an hourly rate of £8.20 - £9 per hour
5.6 weeks holiday and a workplace pension plan
50% discount card for food ( for parties up to 6 people) at several of our sites, upon completion of Hydes mandatory online training
The Red Lion is a fantastic pub, set in the heart of the Leek marketplace. This site dates back to the 18 th century and has held a prominent position as a social hub for historical events, meetings and a whole host of entertainment.
The site offers traditional pub food and a variety of wet products with a good range of ales to choose from. There are several seating areas with low and high seating, 3 real fires, a function room and a small outside area. The site, has a relaxed atmosphere during the week. At the weekends, it has a different appeal as it turns into a nightclub venue on a Friday and Saturday night.
Whether you work full time or part time, we need people who want to look after customers. You will be required to oversee the day to day activities of the kitchen at the site. You will be knowledgeable about all the dishes on our menu and how to support the site to turn out mouth- watering dishes with ease. You will produce all starters, mains and desserts. You will also be require to oversee stock, ordering and audits.
With relevant experience, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help out to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to cope with a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prepare cook and present all dishes
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation