|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Sale, Cheshire, England|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2017|
|Category|| Pub Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Salary: £8.20 - £9.00 Per Hour
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards? We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to recruit to our kitchen brigade on a part time basis, at the Plough, to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence as a habit’
The Old Plough is located in Ashton on Mersey, which is near Sale. This site is at the heart of this thriving village and its community. It has an excellent reputation for quality drink and customer service. The site benefits from live sports, weekend entertainment, and informal dining.
Whether you work full time or part time, we need people who want to look after customers. You will be required to oversee the day to day activities of the kitchen at the Plough. You will be knowledgeable about all the dishes on our menu and how to support the site to turn out mouth- watering dishes with ease. You will produce all starters, mains and desserts as well as acting as a coach and mentor to any junior staff members. You will also be require to oversee stock, ordering and audits.
This is a full time position, of approximately 30-35 hours a week plus any holiday / absence cover where required. we will guarantee hours of at least 30 a week.
With relevant experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Deliver a reliable efficient food service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Be flexible and the kind of person who jumps in to help out to ensure service is never compromised
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to cope with a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prepare cook and present all dishes
- Has excellent personal standards regarding time keeping, attendance and personal presentation
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding our menus as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in.
Career Progression Plans within our estate
You will receive an hourly rate of £8.20 - £9 per hour
5.6 weeks holiday and a workplace pension plan
50% discount card for food ( for parties up to 6 people) at several of our sites, upon completion of Hydes mandatory online training