|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Liverpool, Merseyside, England|
|Date Posted||February 10, 2020|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
About the Role:
The Chef will be flexible and hands on in all areas providing a range of profitable catering offers that work in harmony with the Reader’s ethos and vision, generating revenue and supporting our wider activity predominantly creating sandwiches salads and fillings plus any other food preparation required.
Our ideal candidate would have experience within a commercial kitchen/cafe environment with a keen interest and passion for food. You will be self-disciplined and able to produce food to a high standard with attention to detail. Experience in catering is essential.
It is expected you will have responsibility for the overall daily operation of the Mansions prep kitchen and catering processes and being mindful of industry cost margins. You will need the practical skills to execute this and directly reporting to the Head Chef contributing to the development of innovative seasonal sandwich and salad menus. A current and relevant health and safety/food hygiene certificates are essential. You will work closely with the Social Enterprise team.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare and deliver all items offered on the menu
- Provide support to the catering team ensuring that best practice and required standards of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Legislation are fully adhered to at all times
- Ensure stock rotation and that deliveries are checked to ensure accurate quantity and quality of product
- Be aware of business profitability, minimising wastage.
- Ensure all cleaning schedules, food temperature and fridge temperature records are current and contain information required by food safety regulations with any testing carried out as instructed. - Ensure that all kitchen equipment is properly cleaned, maintained and used safely
- An enthusiasm to work within a team to develop the profile of The Reader social enterprises and in particular the Café
- Relevant catering experience
- An ability to lead; supporting others in kitchen processes
- Willingness to undertake training as required
- Smart, clean and groomed appearance; excellent standards of personal hygiene
- An ability to cope with the physical demands of working within a busy catering environment
- A team player but able to work with initiative and report back to the shift manager
- Excellent communication skills with customers, suppliers and colleagues
How to Apply
Note. Please do not just send in a CV. We will only consider applications that adhere to the following process -
Visit www.thereader.org.uk and select the ‘Get Involved' tab where you will be able to view the full job description and download an application form. Please complete the application form how you meet the requirements of this role, to email@example.com
There is no deadline set for this post, but if a high number of applications are received we will close the vacancy.
A high volume of applications may make replies to everyone impossible.