|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South Shields, Tyne and Wear, England|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2018|
|Category|| Line Chef |
|Job Type|| |
|County||Tyne and Wear|
The New Crown – H&M Pub Management Ltd
Job Title: Line Chef
Reporting To: The Management Team
To produce food to company standards ensuring brand specification and high quality levels are achieved. Other responsibilities include; cleaning, due diligence, stock control.
The Ideal Candidate
As a skilful and talented chef with an eye for presentation and perfectionist for class, you will know all there is to know about food preparation and portion control. Working within a busy kitchen supporting the team, you must ensure that all the equipment is maintained cleaned and working correctly at all times. You will be responsible for reporting any malfunctions or hazards and complete risk assessments as instructed by the management team. To have a sound knowledge of food safety and hygiene is also crucial to be successful in this role. Experience cooking to specification is desired but not essential. Experience working in a busy kitchen is necessary. Food hygiene and chef/catering qualifications are essential.
• Maintain a high level of customer care at all times.
• Ensure all equipment is maintained in a clean manor and working correctly at all times and that all malfunctions are reported immediately.
• Report all malfunctions and hazards to a member of the Management team.
• Carry out all preparation necessary for the forthcoming session in accordance with the anticipated trade expected.
• Prepare, cook and prepare all menu items by using the methods specified in the brand manual provided by the Management team and in accordance with customer’s wishes.
• At all times ensure that food portion control is maintained as per meal specification in the brands manual and that wastage is kept to a minimum in order to achieve the required profit margins.
• Receive food and goods into the pub and store in the appropriate areas and complete risk assessments as instructed by the Management team.
• Ensure that stock rotation is carried out accordingly to the company standards.
• Ensure all stock losses are recorded and reported to a member of the Management team.
• Ensure the safety, security and appropriate storage, labelling and dating of all the food stock at all times, in accordance with the appropriate legislation and company policy.
• To work within the accordance of food hygiene (general) regulations, food safety act, health and safety at work act, fire regulations, C.O.S.H.H. regulations plus any other that may affect the business.
• Record all food and kitchen temperatures and all other information required for risk assessments and as instructed by the Management team.
• To maximise the full sales potential of the restaurant and ensure all standards are maintained at all times.
• To work within all company rules and achieve at all times the standards required as laid down in the handbook and the house rules.
• To carry out all reasonable requests by the Management team.