|Location||Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2019|
|Category|| Kitchen Porter |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position: Kitchen Porter
Reporting to: Head Chef
The former Oxford Abingdon Hotel is currently undergoing a comprehensive redevelopment, increasing the number of guest rooms by over 100% through a new four story extension. The hotel will become the Hilton Garden Inn, Abingdon and will be fully open by early 2019. The new extension will include a lounge bar, restaurant, function rooms and fitness centre. The existing hotel is open throughout the extension works, and current bedrooms will be fully renovated.
Previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
About the role:
We are looking for candidates with a passion for customer service, and a vibrant personality to join our existing Kitchen team. To be successful, you are expected to be flexible and helpful. We are also looking for an individual that is dedicated reliable and hardworking. A Kitchen Porter is instrumental in all kitchen operations.
Your duties will include:
• The kitchen porter maintains all areas of the preparation stations as well as food storage areas.
• Routine and heavy cleaning, organization of food and non-food items and waste control;
• Wash dishes, pots and pans, utensils and food preparation machines as well as clean floors, counters and worktops;
• Less frequently, he/she is required to perform in-depth cleaning of walk-in freezers and refrigerators, ovens, stoves and pantries;
• Occasionally, he/she may be required to assist in unloading deliveries of food or supplies.;
• You will be responsible for keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination;
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships, reporting maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues, and to comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive and capable individual with a passion for this type of work, and who will be able to train, develop, lead and inspire your team to work to same high standards.
• We are looking for a motivated individual, ideally someone who has worked in a similar role;
• The person will be a team player who is an avid learner, adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• A high standard of personal presentation;
• Confident, professional and welcoming personality.
• Discounts with M&T Hotels and Hilton Hotels worldwide
• Opportunity to learn and develop within a world-renowned brand
• Free meals when on duty.
Please only apply for this position if you are currently living in and have the right to work full time in the UK with no restrictions.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted - if you do not receive a response to your application you must assume you have been unsuccessful.
Applicants will be expected to live within 30 miles of the hotel.