|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Birmingham, Staffordshire, England|
|Date Posted||April 20, 2017|
|Category|| Junior Sous |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
A Junior Sous Chef is required for four star Hotel based on the outskirts of the Birmingham City Centre.
This is a large multi outlet operation that includes high volume conference & banqueting doing up to 500 covers, fresh food restaurant & Brasserie plus an awesome cocktail bar serving an array of light bites and tapas.
My client is looking for a Junior Sous to add to the large kitchen brigade, based on the size of the operation no two days will be the same as your experience will offer you the opportunity work in any of the exciting operations on site.
Due to the nature of the organisation it is preferable that you will come from a luxury hotel background however if you can display consistent experience working in a high volume restaurant environment your application will be considered. The role would suit an experienced Chef de Partie looking for their first Junior Sous opportunity as you will receive loads of support working in a brigade that consists of Executive Head Chef, 2 Head Chefs, 2 Sous Chefs and 2 Junior Sous Chefs and 4 Chef de Parties.
This role is ideal for candidates who live in Birmingham, Coventry, Tamworth and Stafford.
Here are the highlights:
£22000 / £23000
Very close to Birmingham
Free Staff Meals
Free stays at other hotels in the group
Amazing career progression
As Junior Sous Chef you will offer the following experience, skills and qualifications: -
- Passion for food - someone who enjoys the process of food preparation and creating menus
- A good sense of business to be efficient & cost effective.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to pay attention to the details
The Junior Sous role will be responsible for and involved the following: -
- Fill Sous Chef duties in the absence of the Sous / Head Chef.
- Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production
- Give appropriate support and guidance to junior members of the team.
- Ensuring the kitchen functions within relevant hygiene, health & safety guidelines.
- If wanted, you could have an input on the menus with our own outstanding ideas
The client is actively reviewing applicant details, so please apply today. Nathan Fielding is the Consultant handling this opening and welcomes a discussion on 0121 236 4993 regarding this position and similar rewarding openings.