|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Southampton, Hampshire, England|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2020|
|Category|| Junior Sous |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently seeking experienced Junior Sous Chefs to join our luxury fleet. As a Junior Sous Chef you will manage all food preparation in crew/officer galley, ensuring that company’s high culinary standards are maintained within the established budget. You will also assist the Executive Chef in his duties as requested. Please see specific requirements below:
- Degree/Diploma from accredited culinary college or university.
- Strong command of the English language combined with good written skills.
- 3+ years experience in a 5 star + hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- 1+ year in same or similar position.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of cruise ship catering operation and food preparation for various nationalities.
- Thorough knowledge of food preparation, presentation and preservation procedures.
- Knowledge of USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations, supplemented by attending the company's Basic Food Hygiene course every two years and achieving a minimum score of 80%.
- Effective planning, problem-solving and implementation skills.
- Ability to create and maintain food promotions and other activities to support crew/officer wellness.
- Ability to train and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage work schedules according to business levels.
- Ability to organize and complete work to meet deadlines.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship and in a 4/5* Hotel.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.