|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Thirsk, Yorkshire, England|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2020|
|Category|| Junior Sous |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This unique 2AA North Yorkshire Restaurant is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Sous Chef to gain experience of working in a unusual and incredibly successful busy high volume kitchen team.
The restaurant holds 2AA Rosettes and has an outstanding reputation within the area for being an experience to remember. As Junior Sous Chef you will be in control and lead your section.
This is a very busy restaurant, therefore the Head Chef requires a Junior Sous Chef who is capable and experienced at working in a fast paced, rosette environment. They are also looking for someone who is relaxed and down to earth, to fit in with this talented brigade.
This is a great opportunity for any Sous Chef looking to progress and further their career in an award winning establishment with a fantastic team.
The Junior Sous Chef main duties will include:
- Run an environment that is clean, tidy and organised
- Produce and deliver quality food
- Plan the day to day running of sections of the kitchen effectively
- Communicate directly with kitchen team members regarding changes in business
- Carry out quality checks on stock, produce and dishes along with offering training, understanding of the products to keep the team focused
- Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs
- Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification index i.e. size, quantity and quality
- Comply with all statutory and company health & safety regulations
Requirements for this Sous Chef position:-
- NVQ Level 1 and 2 or Equivalent
- Food Hygiene Certifications
- Good written and spoken English
- A flexible attitude
- Restaurant or Hotel Background
- Good Communication skills
- Good Team Player
- A real passion for the Industry & and eye for detail
- Good knowledge of cooking techniques and styles
Benefits of this Sous Chef position:-
- Great training and development
- Benefits and Discounts
- Competitive Salary
- 28 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- A share of Restaurant tips Contributory
- Pension scheme Employee awards
- Live in Accommodation
All Applicants for this Sous Chef position must:-
To apply for this opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to email@example.com
Visit firstcontactchefs.com for other Great New Career Opportunities.
All applicants will have a stable CV with excellent traceable references.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
I would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only be answered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we haven’t contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.
First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in professional career development, rather than simply placing candidates in jobs. We nurture talent to ensure an enhancement of our clients and the industry's reputation as a whole and we are a great supporter of "A Passion to Inspire" developing the relationship between the applicant and employer.
By applying directly for this position you accept that we can store your personal data . We promise to never pass your details on to third parties without your direct authorisation.