|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Stamford, Leicestershire, England|
|Date Posted||March 3, 2015|
|Category|| Breakfast Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Description We are currently recruiting for a Junior Sous to join our fantastic client's kitchen team as a Junior Sous Chef. Our client has been awarded 2AA Rosettes each consecutive year for over 13 years, and is looking for someone who will help to maintain their existing team's accomplishments.
The successful candidate must be driven, and be passionate about working with rosette food. The ability to work in a highly regarded establishment at a fast pace, is necessary.
*Ensure that a high standard of preparations and presentation is achieved before any dish leaves the kitchen.
* Check weekly function sheets and order sufficient stores.
* Check kitchen beverage stock and control on a daily basis.
* Oversees staff on the section, training on the job, and ensure that the section runs smoothly and efficiently.
* Delegate staff in their duties and keep up standards in health, safety and hygiene.
* Is generally alert for opportunities to improve the profitability of the section.
* Reports and hygiene problems including pest sightings to the Senior Sous Chef or Sous Chefs.
* Be constantly aware of new ideas and create new dishes in the F & B outlets.
* Ensure that all food items are date stamped.
* Maintain a high standard of discipline to reduce waste and accidents Report all faults, errors, complaints and compliments to the Senior Chef on duty.
* Prepare hot dishes for staff meals when requested.
* To take charge of the kitchen occasionally in the absence of the Sous Chef.
* To carry out any reasonable request made by management.
* To be flexible in the duties required of you, by assisting in another department if requested to by Department Head.