|Location||Etruria, Staffordshire, England|
|Date Posted||October 10, 2019|
|Category|| Junior Sous |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Moat House Hotel
An amazing opportunity has become available for an experienced and ambitious Sous to help lead our Kitchen team. The hotel is shortly about to be fully refurbished and rebranded into a DoubleTree by Hilton.
The hotel is a four star hotel close to the centre of Stoke-On-Trent with 147 bedrooms. The property incorporates Etruria Hall, Josiah Wedgwood?s former home, with 11 meeting rooms, a ballroom seating up to 600 and Josiah?s Bar and Grill seating up to 220 to guests.
As Jr Sous Chef, you will assist the Head Chef and Snr Sous Chef in enhancing the reputation of the hotel through the production of high-quality food; recruit, lead and develop a high-performing kitchen brigade; plan and oversee the operational management of the kitchen.
Specifically, the Sous Chef will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
• To assist the Head Chef in creating menus that meet and exceed guests? needs and conform to brand standards.
• Ensure the consistent production of high-quality food through all hotel food outlets.
• Develop positive customer relations through proactive interaction with Guests, Team Members, contractors, and suppliers.
• To assist the Head Chef in resolving, promptly and completely, any issues that may arise in the kitchen or related areas among Guests and Team Members.
• Manage department operations,
• Assist the Head Chef in managing all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions.
• Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs.
• Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation.
• Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets.
• Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events.
• Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas.
• Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands.
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
• Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Manage food control systems are adhered to them so margins are on target in a pro-active way.
• Be environmentally aware.
• Ensure food wastage program is adhered to so that margins are on target.
• Assist the Head Chef & Snr Sous Chef in ensuring that the monthly working schedules are made and maintained in accordance with local legislation.
A Jr Sous Chef is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Previous, relevant experience as a Srn Chef de partie in a similar operation
• Excellent leadership skills
• Ability to work and lead under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• A good general education, numerate and literate
• High standard of spoken and written English
• A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
• Competitive Salary
• Incentive scheme
• Ongoing training and development activities
• Discounts on food, drink and accommodation throughout the group and brand
• Excellent rates for friends and family
• Free use of the Leisure Club
• Long Service Awards
• Employee of the Month Awards
• Regular Social Events
• Free Parking
. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that your application is unsuccessful.
No Agencies please
Job Type: Full-time
• 4 star hotel (or similar): 1 year (Preferred