|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, Greater London, England|
|Date Posted||February 22, 2018|
|Category|| Sushi Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job ref: MJA/SUSHIHFD02
Head Sushi Chef - Up to 30Kpa - 4 day working week in an an amazing Central London 5* hotel!
A position will soon be available for a fine dining experienced Head Sushi Chef to lead a fantastic team in a 5* hotel in the centre of London. This position offers the chance to work in a stunning kitchen, full time hours with an incredible 3 days off a week! Show off your hard-earned skills and still have time to see the sights of London or spend time with your family and friends!
You will be working closely with the Executive Chef to set this section in motion. An entirely new development within this fully operational 5* Hotel! Set to open within the next few weeks, you will have a hand in the set up and operation of this aspect of service.
Due to the impeccable standards and reputation of this 5* hotel, a minimum of 5 years proven experience in fine dining, luxury Japanese or Sushi cuisine in any branch of the Hospitality and Catering industry is required. Through this experience, you should be able to demonstrate that you can prepare all types of fish for sushi or sashimi and be able to prepare maki and nigiri.
A valid Senior level food hygiene certificate (3) is essential, and your knife skills should be of the highest standard. You should be available for evening and weekend shifts and have and as Head Sushi Chef you should have the creativity to develop and execute new dishes that will reflect the luxury brand of this amazing Hotel.
This job entails:
- 4 days on/3 days off a week (rotational basis)
- Salary up to 30Kpa
- 47 hours a week
- 20 days holiday pro rata + bank holiday
- A creative aspect in the development of new dishes and features
- An entirely new position in an iconic 5* Hotel
What we need from you:
- 5 years minimum experience as a Sushi Chef or Head Sushi Chef in luxury Hospitality and Catering
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Eligible to live and work in the UK - Passport and/or Visa
- Valid Food Hygiene Certificate level 3
- Your own knives and whites, including safety shoes and hat
- A minimum of 2 years of references
The Change Group is acting as an employment agency in this instance. Due to the high volume of applicants expected, only successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.