|Date Posted||November 20, 2013|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Lamb is a unique family run Country Pub with a modern pub and restaurant offering excellent en-suite accommodation, fine food and cask ales.
A great restaurant with daily and night time specials. We also cater for private parties, weddings and other events up to 70 guests
Designs and prepares meals by planning and implementing menus; controlling food preparation.
* Identifies current and future customer food preferences by establishing personal contact and rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand food requirements.
* Plans menus by studying marketing conditions, popularity of dishes, recency of menu; utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
* Prices meals by analysing recipes; determining food, labour, and overhead costs.
* Purchases foodstuffs and kitchen supplies by identifying and qualifying suppliers; negotiating prices; estimating food consumption; placing and expediting orders.
* Prepares food by establishing nutrition and presentation standards and preparation procedures; measuring results against standards; making production adjustments.
* Approves food preparation by observing methods of preparation; tasting and smelling prepared dishes; viewing colour, texture, and garnishments; verifying portion sizes.
* Controls costs by using readily available and seasonal ingredients; identifying and qualifying suppliers; setting standards for quality and quantity.
* Completes kitchen operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains kitchen staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Maintains kitchen staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Maintains a clean and safe environment by implementing national and local sanitation requirements; maintaining first aid, cpr, and Heimlich manoeuvre certification; instructing others in the use of kitchen utensils and operation of equipment.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Food Sanitation, Planning, Giving Feedback, Customer Service, Teamwork, Quality Focus, Safety Management, Multi-tasking, Pricing, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication