|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Cheadle Hulme, Greater Manchester, England|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2019|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding of our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in. We also offer a number of accredited qualifications to support you in your Career Progression Plans within our estate. We also offer:
- Head Chef Bonus Scheme
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Free Uniform
- 50% discount card for food at several of our sites, upon completion of Hydes mandatory online traini
Once a small historic hall, this site has been transformed into a popular site in the Cheadle Hulme area. With a recent outside refurbishment, customers can relax both inside and out. It holds a dedicated dining area – the orangery, providing the best fresh food and drink in a relaxing environment for all manner of occasions. It also hosts cosy pub areas and an outside terrace
The role of Head Chef is varied, challenging and fun. We will expect you to
• Have overall responsibility of the kitchen and the brigade
• Undertake recruitment and selection, implement training, inductions and coaching of the kitchen brigade.
• Run the kitchen pass, oversee the level of trade, pre production food levels and analyse the business.
• Develop and turn out mouth-watering dishes with ease, within all sections of the kitchen.
You will also be involved in menu development and costings, implementing Health and Safety processes and driving compliance in this area. You will also be responsible for improving and achieving the GP targets for the site.
With recent senior kitchen experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
• Leading the team to ensure a reliable efficient service is delivered
• Positive ‘can do attitude’
• Has the ability to lead a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
• Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
• Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
• Strong decision making skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Project Management, in particular with menu development, costings and business analyse.
• Ability to prepare, cook and present all dishes on the menu and run the pass
• Understanding of health and safety processes, training, induction and coaching a team
• Recruitment and Selection, appraisals and addressing staffing issues
• Understanding of GPs
• Managing labour costs