|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Clare, Suffolk, England|
|Date Posted||June 2, 2018|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
An exciting opportunity to be part of a new team as we transform this historic hotel and pub with 15 letting rooms, restaurant, bar, pub and 2 function rooms to become an award winning property in the area
This position would ideally suit a Head Chef / Kitchen Manager or Strong sous chef looking to step up and take responsibility for their own kitchen who want to create a name for themselves. Somebody looking for a new challenge ideally with previous experience of working in a busy Brand or group owned Pub, or Restaurant using fresh ingredients.
The chef will use local sourced fresh ingredients and preparing, cooking and presenting them in a modern way food based around traditional British food with exotic influences from around the world.
As the Head Chef you'll be responsible for the entire kitchen operation, developing creative and innovative menus, overseeing food ordering, preparation, delivery, staffing, stock control and conforming at all times with health and hygiene regulations. You'll train, motivate and inspire your team to deliver an efficient food operation and be responsible for the kitchen's financial performance which can lead to attractive rewards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND / OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Restaurant, pub kitchen, or relevant hospitality experience essential
- Previous head chef experience or senior sous chef experience in a high-volume environment
- Developing creative and innovative menus seasonally
- Be a team player with good leadership, communication and organisational skills
- Have knowledge of stock control and operating a kitchen in line with food GP (financials, scheduling, payroll costs, budgeting)
- Be creative and able to deliver good customer satisfaction, ensuring consistency of all food to a consistently high standard
- To apply for the position you must be legally able to work in the UK/EU and be able to attend a working interview within the next 7-10 days
Base Salary of £30,000 to £35,000 per year based on knowledge and experience
Plus up to 10% of your salary as bonus based on turnover, profitability and hygiene rating
Live in accommodation available self-contained flat
28 Days Holiday including statutory holidays
Plus other company perks such as training, discounts, pension scheme, on duty meals, share of tips
To apply send your CV directly to Zainab Parsania at email@example.com due to the high level of applicants if you are not contacted with in 7 days your application was not successful