|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Luton, Bedfordshire, England|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
|Category|| Chef Manager |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
La Dolce Vita has a busy and fast paced environment and is set in a key town centre location, it requires someone with high self-motivation to join and manage our kitchen team.
You will be responsible for delivering profit margin targets, excellent quality and presentation standards of all food.
There is a strong emphasis on talent development within this role through the training and development of the kitchen brigade.
This role has a high level of autonomy and requires a talented and experienced Head Chef with the ability to take on new challenges that build a reputation which is as unique as the environment.
Here is an overview of what you would be doing:
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the diversity and quality
- Ensure consistency of quality of dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients managing stock and wastage effectively
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Be fully in charge of managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of the kitchen team
- Manage and review team workload to maximise efficiency and ensure standards
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Implementation of all legislative measures and administration required by the current Food Hygiene, licensing, and collaboration and respect across the team.
Our Values are at the heart of everything we say and do and our people demonstrate these values in every aspect of their work. To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and behaviour in line with these values.
Taking pride in achieving excellence. We take responsibility for and pride in what we do, recognising each other’s good work. We set consistently high expectations and ensure that everyone has the skills to achieve excellence.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Deliver timely service to a consistently high standard
- Ensure that all necessary kitchen legislative records are kept up to date
- Ensure the team receive training and guidance to carry out their work safely and within relevant laws
- Level 3 Food hygiene
- Must be competent in cooking Italian food
- Speaking Italian desired but not required
Valuing each other in the way we work, communicate and spend time together: We communicate regularly with each other, listening and understanding people’s needs. We value and respect the relationships we have with colleagues and partners and we celebrate shared successes.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- An excellent communicator with strong product presentation and advocacy skills
- Collaborative approach, able to work in a team and build relationships with colleagues to produce results
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
Being imaginative in everything we do: We use our knowledge, experience and judgement to explore doing things differently. We aim to empower everyone in the organisation to adopt a flexible, open-minded and imaginative approach.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- A passion for food and creative approach to the development of dishes
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Ability to manage a personal workload, setting own priorities
- To be a problem solver and able to remain calm under pressure
- To consider creative solutions to the demands of service
- A creative person that is able to think outside the box
Embracing the diversity among our people and community: We embrace and value difference and individuality treating everyone as equally important. Together we are stronger and more effective.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully communicating with a wide variety of colleagues from senior staff to casual employees
- To develop inclusive menus that provide for a diverse audience
- A professional attitude with ability to be tactful and diplomatic
- To advocate and foster a diverse working environment in the role