|at ( view profile)|
|Location||York, Yorkshire, England|
|Date Posted||March 6, 2018|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are excited to offer a full time position as head chef/kitchen manager in our new business opening on Bridge Street in May 2018.
We are an Italian restaurant/wine bar focusing on small plates and aperitivo style food (e.g. sharing boards, Italian street food) with pasta dishes available. We are seeking a person with a basic knowledge of authentic Italian food and huge ambition to learn new skills and have the possibility to grow in a business in their position and their income.
The Head chef will have a sous chef and pot wash, and will work with the front of house staff to create a smooth and productive working environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To ensure a clean and safe working environment in the kitchen. To produce high quality fresh dishes keeping up with the high pace and volume
• To keep all kitchen and food preparation areas clean at all times. To follow the health and safety procedures in place and to maintain all equipment appropriately
• Developing a menu subject to knowledge and skills
• Producing high-end, consistent pasta dishes, fried street food and well presented sharing boards
• Responsible for the ordering of food stock and ensuring this is managed effectively and economically
• Working closely with the Sous chef and providing training to staff where necessary
• Working with the front of house staff to create a smooth and productive working environment
Qualifications and Skills
• Relevant Food and Safety qualifications
• Basic IT knowledge for use of Epos systems
• A multi-tasker who is organised, efficient and productive as well as being accurate and having great attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a busy, high stressful environment.
• A positive individual with good energy
• Ability to take initiative
• Confident and professional in dealing with suppliers and customers
At L"uva we aim to treat staff and managment equal and offer benefits such as:
45 hour contract
50% discount on food
20% discount voucher for family and friends
Salary will depend on experience and knowlede.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10.00 to £12.00 /hour