|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Aviemore, Morayshire, Scotland|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2018|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel
What will I be doing?
As a Head Chef, you are responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Head Chef will also be required to ensure that all operational, quality, and administrative functions are carried out properly. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target
- Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends
- Be environmentally aware
What makes Hilton Coylumbridge different?
Hilton Coylumbridge is unique within the Hilton UK brand. Based in the stunning scenery of the Cairngorm National Park. Hilton Coylumbridge is surrounded by beautiful wildlife and countryside and is a gateway to many outdoor activities and pursuits. Whether it's skiing in the winter or mountain biking, kayaking,hill walking, wind surfing in the summer Coylumbridge has it all to offer.
Team members at the hotel have the option of low cost live-in accommodation, the accommodation is situated beside the hotel and all rooms are en-suite. As part of being a team member at Hilton Coylumbridge you will also receive free access to the hotel gym and swimming pool, free meals within the staff canteen, use of the shuttle bus into the local town, Aviemore and are welcome in our onsite Woodshed bar while off duty to enjoy live sport and entertainment.
Team members can use the hotel's ski passes on Cairngorm Mountain for a nominal amount, as well as access to discounts for other local attractions.
Hilton Coylumbridge is situated 33 miles from the city of Inverness which offers trains, buses and an airport with links to the major airports in the UK and also some flights to European airports.
Finally, as a team member of Hilton Coylumbridge you will be rewarded with favourable rates in Hilton hotels around the world using our team member travel program 'Go Hilton'. Giving you the chance to travel the world at discounted rates.