|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Wilmslow, Cheshire, England|
|Date Posted||March 15, 2018|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Coach and Four
Salary: £31,000.00 - £33,000.00 Per Annum
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy working with fresh food. We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to recruit a Head Chef to lead the busy kitchen team at the Coach and Four in Wilmslow to strengthen the leadership team and ensure excellence is a habit
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding of our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in
Career Progression Plans within our estate
£31,000 - £33,000 per annum plus Head Chef Bonus Scheme
5.6 weeks holiday per year
50% discount card for food at several of our sites, upon completion of Hydes mandatory online training
The Coach and Four, was once a historic coach house, and has been transformed into a fantastic pub restaurant in the area of Wilmslow and is one of our flagship sites. The Coach and Four not only provides the best fresh food and drink in a relaxing environment for all manner of occasions, but also offers 36 spacious, comfortable air conditioned rooms within our lodge, if guests wish to extend their stay in the surrounding area.
The role of Head Chef is varied, challenging and fun. We will expect you to
- Have overall responsibility of the kitchen and the brigade
- Undertake recruitment and selection, implement training, inductions and coaching of the kitchen brigade.
- Run the kitchen pass, oversee the level of trade, pre production food levels and analyse the business.
- Develop and turn out mouth-watering dishes with ease, within all sections of the kitchen.
You will also be involved in menu development and costings, implementing Health and Safety processes and driving compliance in this area. You will also be responsible for improving and achieving the GP targets for the site.
With recent senior kitchen experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Leading the team to ensure a reliable efficient service is delivered
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to lead a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Project Management, in particular with menu development, costings and business analyse.
- Ability to prepare, cook and present all dishes on the menu and run the pass
- Understanding of health and safety processes, training, induction and coaching a team
- Recruitment and Selection, appraisals and addressing staffing issues
- Understanding of GPs
- Managing labour costs