|at ( view profile)|
|Location||St Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2019|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
We are recruiting for an Head Chef to lead the Kitchen brigade, taking responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high standards of cuisine within our 1 rosette restaurant & private dining events, creating fantastic memories for our guests.
We offer amazing benefits to our team members:
- Very good location with Waitrose walking distance - You can also travel around the whole island by bus for only £1,00!
- Great Staff accommodation conditions
- Delicious staff food on duty
- discounts around some island shops
- great value health insurance
- 50% discount on Ferry trips to London, France, Jersey/Channel Islands.
- Service charge that can give you around£50 extra on top of your salary.
- We also run our Employee recognition lunch every month where you can earn extra £75,00.
Guernsey is definitely a beautiful island to live.
This is a Full Time role working 45 hours p/week.
Our Hotel located just one mile from St Peter Port, St Pierre Park is one of the best equipped hotels in Guernsey for a romantic wedding or a business event – or simply for when you have earned a special break. The hotel also offers a variety of dining options, top spa treatments and one of only three golf courses on the island. The hotel is the ideal base for exploring the wonderful island of Guernsey.
Actively contributing to driving food sales through inspiring and creative menu planning, you will ensure the kitchen team are inspired to achieve targets.
You will manage the departmental manpower and operating costs in line with budget ensuring targeted profit contributions are achieved.
Leading activities that continuously develop the skills and capabilities of your team, you will be committed to ensuring that every team member feels valued and engaged.
You will work to manage the care and replacement of equipment, ensuring high standards of Health and Safety in all activities undertaken.
Competencies of a Head Chef:
- You must be passionate about delivering outstanding hospitality to our guests whilst demonstrating good food knowledge.
- The ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a genuine and approachable manner is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar environment is essential.
- In return you will be rewarded with a fun and engaging environment.
Hand Picked Hotels is a collection of 20 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, our guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge!
Our core values are family, initiative, welcoming, individuality, and local engagement - you make it Hand Picked.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK and Channel Islands.