|Location||Aberdaron, Pwllheli, Wales, Wales|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2016|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Head Chef Job - Ty Newydd Hotel - Aberdaron, Pwllheli
Modern contemporary 4* inn; 11 bedrooms, restaurant and bar.
As Head Chef, you will effectively manage the kitchen and food function of the hotel to an optimum level. Working closely with General Manager, you will be committed to maintaining all targets financial and operational. Head Chef will proactively drive profitability, Cost Control, Sustainability and Health and Safety initiatives.
You will develop menus, daily specials, complete food purchasing specifications and develop recipes to promote a professional, efficient, effective, and customer focused business. Your success will be measured through organisation, leadership ability as well maintaining food costings and GP margins.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to step into a new position, who is looking for a new challenge. We are looking for a passionate Chef who is a natural leader, who can communicate on all levels.
Your role as Head Chef will include:
- Ensure the efficient and effective running of the kitchen
- Create a work environment which promotes positive attitude, pride and good morale
- Ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is to the company standard, and complies with the food safety regulations
- To Achieve budgeted food net profit
- To supervise, train and motivate the team
- To comply with company food safety and Health and Safety Regulation
- Be an experienced Head Chef for a minimum of 2 years working in a high volume, fast paced kitchen within hotel/restaurant.
- Must have previous experience in a similar role and demonstrate industry awareness.
- Be standards driven and detail-orientated with the ability to organise and plan ahead.
- Ability to lead, multi-task, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a good financial understanding with the ability to work to budget and costs accurately
- Salary : £20,00 – 30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- 28 days holiday entitlement
- 10% bonus given on evening food sales
Location: Ty Newydd, Aberdaron, Pwllheli, Gwynedd, Ll538BE