|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Chester, Cheshire, England|
|Date Posted||March 27, 2017|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Hornsmill at Helsby
Salary: £31,000.00 - £33,000.00 Per Annum
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy working with fresh food. We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to strengthen our leadership team within the kitchen brigade at the Hornsmill at Helsby to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence is a habit’
The Hornsmill in Helsby, is an extremely modern site, with an exceptional welcoming atmosphere and character. The site offers freshly prepared food, and has a dedicated orangery restaurant. Alternatively customers can relax in the ‘pub’ area to enjoy the amazing food and drinks that are on offer. There is also an attractive outside area, for al fresco dining, as well as many different walking routes. Walkers, dogs and families are all welcome, making this an extremely fast paced friendly site.
We are now looking to recruit a Head Chef to lead the busy kitchen at this site.
The role of Head Chef is varied, challenging and fun. We will expect you to
Have overall responsibility of the kitchen and the brigade
Undertake recruitment and selection, implement training, inductions and coaching of the kitchen brigade.
Run the kitchen pass, oversee the level of trade, pre production food levels and analyse the business.
Develop and turn out mouth-watering dishes with ease, within all sections of the kitchen.
You will also be involved in menu development and costings, implementing Health and Safety processes and driving compliance in this area. You will also be responsible for improving and achieving the GP targets for the site.
With recent senior kitchen experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Leading the team to ensure a reliable efficient service is delivered
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to lead a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Project Management, in particular with menu development, costings and business analyse.
- Ability to prepare, cook and present all dishes on the menu and run the pass
- Understanding of health and safety processes, training, induction and coaching a team
- Recruitment and Selection, appraisals and addressing staffing issues
- Understanding of GPs
- Managing labour costs
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding of our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in
Career Progression Plans within our estate
£31,000 - £33,000 per annum plus Head Chef Bonus Scheme
5.6 weeks holiday per year
50% discount card for food at several of our sites, upon completion of Hydes mandatory online training