|Location||Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
|Category|| Head Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
DoubleTree by Hilton, Cheltenham, is one of the finest regency hotels in Cheltenham, nestled in glorious grounds in the heart of the Cotswolds and proudly flying the Double Tree by Hilton Flag.
An amazing opportunity has become available for an experienced and ambitious Head Chef to run our busy Kitchen team.
As Head Chef, you are fully responsible for developing the reputation of the hotel through the production of excellent quality food throughout the hotel, and the development of a high-quality kitchen brigade. A Head Chef will oversee the operational management of the kitchen and Team Members. Specifically, a Head Chef will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Lead of the kitchen brigade and ensure ongoing development of Team Members.
• Identify an effective approach to succession planning.
• Create menus that meet and exceed customers' needs and conform to brand standards.
• Ensure the consistent production of high-quality food through all hotel food outlets.
• Develop positive customer relations through proactive interaction with Guests, Team Members, contractors, and suppliers.
• Resolve, promptly and completely, any issues that may arise in the kitchen or related areas among Guests and Team Members.
• Manage department operations, including budgeting, forecasting, resource planning, and waste management.
• Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions.
• Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs.
• Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation.
• Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets.
• Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events.
• Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas.
• Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands.
• Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated.
• Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team.
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
• Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives.
• Manage food control systems are adhered to them so margins are on target in a pro-active way.
• Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends.
• Be environmentally aware.
• Ensure food wastage program is adhered to so that margins are on target.
• Responsible for ensuring that the monthly working schedules are made and maintained in accordance with local legislation.
A Head Chef is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Previous, relevant experience as a Head Chef or a high-performing Sous Chef
• Excellent leadership skills
• A creative approach to the production of high-quality food
• A business focused approach to managing a hotel kitchen
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to build relationships, internal and external, to the hotel and the Company
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
• Competitive Salary
• Amazing discounts on food, drink and accommodation throughout the group
• Excellent rates for friends and family
• Free use of the Leisure Club
• Long Service Awards
• Employee of the Month Awards
• Annual Social Events
• Hilton Honors Team Member Subscription
• Free Parking
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ?apply?. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that your application is unsuccessful.