|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, England|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2018|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|County||Tyne and Wear|
We’re on the hunt for an uber talented Chef with a passion for food from around the world. We’re a young business having been established for two years but, we’re growing so fast we’ve had to invest in a new commercial kitchen and this new beauty could be all yours.
We have a simple but tasty new menu of Thai curries, quesadillas, buddha bowls, soups and sandwiches - Nothing too fancy. We source all our produce locally and always aim to get the best quality. With our new kitchen, we want to mix things up a bit and offer our customers a different experience. We want to utilise our good local produce and make it into something tasty, wholesome and good for the soul. We also sell lots of homemade cakes, tray bakes and scones.
What we look for:
- passion and a love of food
- A good personality who will get on with the whole team
- Someone who is talented and always wants to develop their skills
- Enthusiasm and drive
- Good Communicator
- Experience in a fast-paced hospitality environment
- This role requires someone organised, efficient and with an understanding of cost of sales
- You’ll work alongside the Manager and the director to plan, source and cost the menu
- Prepare, cook and present amazing wholesome food in accordance with brand standards
- Bake cakes and tray bakes, some days
- We’re not open evenings so this role doesn’t require shift work
- Work alongside an already established Apprentice Chef
- Make sure everything is done to a high standard, all areas to be clean and tidy and everything done safely
- Adhere to safety and hygiene regulations at all times
- Previous experience (minimum 3 years)
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Menu planning and costing
- Food Hygiene Regulation
- Food Safety Management System
- Level 2 Hygiene Certificate
- Managing budgets and inventory
- First Aid Training
- Food standards and Health and safety
- Budgets and food quality – we want a tasty menu but want to stay profitable!
- Speed of service
- Developing the menu
What you’ll get in return:
At The Nest, we’re a family and work hard to support each other and the business, we love our customers and get great reviews. You’d be welcomed into the Nest family and thoroughly enjoy coming to work. We’ll help and support you to further develop your skills whilst giving you autonomy over your role, as a growing business this is a great platform to further develop. There’s no nasty hours, late nights or long shifts and the pay isn’t bad either.
An example of shifts would be 8-3/8-6.30/11-6.30 Usually a Saturday off.
Salary £8.10 - 8.30 per hour