|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Nantwich, Cheshire, England|
|Date Posted||August 19, 2019|
|Category|| Executive Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Executive Head Chef - Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, Nantwich Cheshire
We have a very exciting opportunity for an Executive Head Chef with creativity and passion to join Hand Picked Hotels and lead the Kitchen brigade at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.
This is an exciting and challenging role providing an opportunity for the right candidate to develop and enhance the food offering to an extremely high standard. As such the salary the reflect this and will take into consideration the experience of the applicant.
Why work for Hand Picked Hotels as an Executive Head Chef
We gather all of our Hand Picked Head Chefs together twice a year for workshops and team building activities and offer a range of management development courses as well as mentoring opportunities and Leadership qualifications
Benefits include a Head Chef Bonus Scheme, excellent staff discounts with Hand Picked Hotels for stays, meals and spa treatments and an online retail discount platform offerings savings with hundreds of retailers and restaurants.
What the role involves;
As Executive Head Chef you will be pivotal in the current evolution of our food offering. Working with our GM, Group Executive Head Chef & Food and Beverage Director, you will take responsibility for writing menus and creating new and exciting dishes for our guests.
The Executive Head Chef and kitchen brigade will work towards taking our restaurant from its current 1 rosette to a 2 rosette level, while ensuring high standards of cuisine at all times, creating fantastic memories for our guests.
You will be responsible for adding to our existing kitchen team by recruiting and building a skilled and ambitious brigade who will be committed to delivering freshly prepared quality food for our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Head Chef:
- You will deliver outstanding quality food consistently in our hotel restaurants, function and events and our leisure club.
- Actively contributing to driving food sales through inspiring and creative menu planning, you will ensure the kitchen team are inspired to achieve targets.
- You will manage the departmental manpower and operating costs in line with budget ensuring targeted profit contributions are achieved.
- Leading activities that continuously develop the skills and capabilities of your team, you will be committed to ensuring that every team member feels valued and engaged.
- You will work to manage the care and replacement of equipment, ensuring high standards of Health and Safety in all activities undertaken.
Competencies of a Head Chef:
- Previous experience at a Head Chef level is essential
- A genuine and approachable manner is essential.
- A good leader who has the ability to foster a team and a positive atmosphere
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, part of the Hand Picked portfolio, is an architecturally stunning 4 star country house hotel set within its own landscaped gardens and grounds close to Nantwich in Cheshire. The hotel has 70 luxury bedrooms, an AA Rosette restaurant and a modern self-contained conference building. The health club and five bubble spa is set in a converted stable block offering eight treatment rooms, a relaxation room, glass roofed indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym and Cafe Bar.
Hand Picked Hotels is a collection of country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. With welcoming and charming service delivered in inspirational surroundings, our guests are encouraged to feel at home, relax, kick off their shoes and indulge!
Our core values are family, initiative, welcoming, individuality, and local engagement - you make it Hand Picked.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.