|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Crawley, Sussex, England|
|Date Posted||January 11, 2017|
|Category|| Demi Chef de Partie |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Demi Chef de Partie Job
Hilton London Gatwick Airport
South Terminal Gatwick Airport
Crawley, West Sussex
Employment Type: Full-time
Job ID: HOT03N39
A Chef de Partie with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with food cost controls.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As a demi Chef de Partie, you are responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A demi Chef de Partie would also be required to assist with food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards
- Prepare and present high quality food
- Supervise staff
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Assist Head Chef/Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A demi Chef de Partie serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- NVQ Level 2
- Achieved Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Supervisory experience
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Knowledge of current food trends