|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Okehampton, Devon, England|
|Date Posted||September 14, 2017|
|Category|| Cook |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
An interesting opportunity has arisen for “a competent “Cook” able to create delicious meals for up to 22 persons each day, utilising fresh produce grown on our farm.
Easterbrook Farm is an idyllic residential care home for 12 young adults with learning disabilities who enjoy living and working in a rural farm environment.
The ideal candidate will report directly to the Registered Manager and will:
- be both enthusiastic, professional, competent and creative;
- devise consistent, healthy, appetising, seasonal food for our young housemates and staff, utilising fresh produce grown by our horticulture team. Menus will be devised weekly;
- responsible for the procurement and storage, including stock rotation, of all raw ingredients;
- work closely with our horticulturist to determine vegetables to be grown;
- be a responsible team player who is prepared to work closely with housemates to develop their kitchen skills;
- be highly conscientious and attentive;
- set and maintain high standards of food hygiene and keep accurate, up-to-date records;
- work closely with our Chairman to create products for sale based upon our own home-grown fruits and vegetables, which will entail creating new recipes;
- recognise and run our kitchen in strict accordance with prevailing Laws & Best Practice governing food preparation, handling, cooking and serving;
- agree to study for further relevant qualifications and attend courses, if required, and
- keep and maintain high standards of cleanliness & tidiness in the kitchen and food storage areas.
We believe that this role could be a perfect career opportunity for the right person.
You will enjoy:
- good working hours. We envisage that your working hours will be 10.30am until 6.30pm;
- good, friendly working conditions;
- competitive and progressive remuneration subject to performance;
- eligibility for inclusion in an annual, discretionary bonus;
- entitlement to join our Private Health Insurance Scheme and
- membership of our Workplace Pension Scheme.
It is essential that:
- you have your own, reliable transport;
- you obtain advanced clearance by the DBS.
To successfully apply, please complete our online application form and upload a recent CV through our site:
We look forward to receiving your application.