|Location||Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2019|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position: Commis Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef, Sous Chef & Chef de Partie
The former Oxford Abingdon Hotel is currently undergoing a comprehensive redevelopment, increasing the number of guest rooms by over 100% through a new four story extension. The hotel will become the Hilton Garden Inn, Abingdon and will be fully open by early 2019. The new extension will include a lounge bar, restaurant, function rooms and fitness centre. The existing hotel is open throughout the extension works, and current bedrooms will be fully renovated.
Previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
About the role:
As a Commis Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent guest experience. A Commis Chef would also be required to prepare all mis-en-place and contribute to departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
• Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
• Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
• Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
• Comply with hotel/company security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
• Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
• Be environmentally aware
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive and capable individual with a passion for this type of work, and who will be able to work as part of a team but also on your own.
A Commis Chef are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• NVQ Level 1
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• NVQ Level 2
• Previous kitchen experience in similar role
• Basic food hygiene
• Discounts with M&T Hotels and Hilton Hotels worldwide
• Opportunity to learn and develop within a world-renowned brand
• Free meals when on duty.
Please only apply for this position if you are currently living in and have the right to work full time in the UK with no restrictions.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted - if you do not receive a response to your application you must assume you have been unsuccessful.
Applicants will be expected to live within 30 miles of the hotel.