|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Newquay, Cornwall, England|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2018|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service
- Efficient and correct stock rotation
- Ensure the cleanliness of all work areas
- Provision of correct portion sizes and control of all waste
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations
Commis Chef Required at the stunning Piran Meadows Resort and Spa.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a key role to join our busy team at our five star venue in Whitecross, Newquay.
You will work with the head chef and be responsible for all aspects of kitchen preparation and procedure, portion control and waste management, and will perform consistently in line with the company’s high standards.
Darwin Escapes would like an ambitious and motivated commis chef who is looking for a long term role, in which to learn and develop new skills. A Commis Chef is the first step to becoming a great Chef!
This is a full time, seasonal role to work variable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for chef jobs within a commutable distance of Axminster.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is desired
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and level 3 food safety is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
What we offer
- Darwin Academy job specific training, to include food hygiene, COSHH, health & safety, manual handling, etc
- Hourly rate of pay
- Full uniform provided
- Discount in company restaurants and facilities