|Location||Maldon, Essex, England|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2018|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
To ensure that food standards are maintained and to co-operate with all staff and management to provide a smooth and efficient service.To ensure there is a high standard of cleanliness.
To help create high quality food that maintains company standards and meets guests? expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Understand and follow wastage control and portion control; and
• Assist in quality control.
• Work flexibly to develop individual knowledge;
• Ensure that our guests receive an exceptional level of service and quality food and want to return;
• Wear the correct uniform at all times;
• Ensure that all foodstuffs are stored correctly and stock rotated in line with the food hygiene regulations;
• Carry out work at a sufficient rate to ensure the smooth running of the department;
• Assist other chefs in their work if workload permits;
• Carry out and record temperature and delivery checks; and
• Report any safety hazards to Head Chef or a member of management.
• Attend training when required; and
• Constantly improve product knowledge to maximize revenue and service provided.
• Comply with hotel, brand and company operating standards;
• Maintain a high degree of personal and kitchen hygiene and food safety;
• Treat all staff with respect and report to management any unsatisfactory behaviour or work; and
• Be fully conversant with the Hotel policy on:
• Fire & Evacuation
• Security procedures
• Health & safety policy
• Human Resources & Training procedures
• Attend training when required;
• Being responsible for your own personal development at work and strive to be the best in what you do, taking care and pride in your work;
• Participate in annual review discussion and any subsequent conversations to review performance and objectives;
• Have a flexible approach to the hours you are required to work; and
• Be fully aware of and adhere to the health and safety regulations concerning your employment and promote and safe environment for yourself, your colleagues and our guests.
• A Commis chef with a minimum of 1-3 years experience in a similar property;
• Experience in food preparation and knife handling;
• To be able to work a flexible week;
• Willing to gain qualifications through college or an NVQ program;
• Must be able to fit well into the team; and
• A steady career path to date showing good progression driven by proven success.
What's on offer
IHG Hotel Discounts
Star Rewards Scheme
Employee of the Month / Year Bonus
Free Lunch at staff canteen
50% off Starbucks within the resort
Plus many more....
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 /year