|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, Greater London, England|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2018|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job ID: HOT02C87
A Commis Chef with Hilton Hotels & Resorts is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while consistently contributing to departmental targets.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As a Commis Chef, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Commis Chef would also be required to prepare all mis-en-place and contribute to departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Commis Chef serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- NVQ Level 1
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- NVQ Level 2
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Basic food hygiene
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners.
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.