|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, Greater London, England|
|Date Posted||October 29, 2015|
|Category|| Commis Chef |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Hood, an independent Modern British restaurant and bar is searching for an enthusiastic, talented and energetic commis chef to join its independent neighbourhood restaurant in Streatham, SW2. Our kitchen is led by Mike Brown, former senior sous chef at Le Caprice.
We serve simple Modern British food using local, seasonal ingredients. Traceability and provenance of produce is key and our suppliers are displayed on the restaurant wall for customers to see.
Our restaurant is 46 covers plus some bar counter seating and we are open 6 days a week with a lunch and dinner service Tuesday - Saturday and a Sunday Brunch service.
Our Head Chef is looking for another chef for his brigade who is passionate about food, creative and imaginative, customer oriented, has excellent organisational skills, is a very strong team player and doesn’t crumble when the pressure gets cranked up. The role will initially be a temporary contract but there will be an opportunity for the right person to become a permanent member of the team.
Key experience and skills:
- Up to 2 years experience preferably cooking British or European food. Could suit a newly qualified chef out of catering college
- Ambition and drive; be eager to learn and progress as a chef
- A passion for local, seasonal produce and be able to inspire colleagues and customers with that passion
- Good understanding of health and hygiene regulations
- Be able to work busy services without standards dropping
- Hold an in-date appropriate food hygiene certificate
- References from 2 previous employers or catering college tutor
- Valid proof of identity and right to work
- Would suit someone local as some shifts are split
Full time hours over 5 days per week.
Competitive Package depending on experience including tips, staff discounts on food and drink and team socials.
Please only apply if you have the right experience.